Skip to Main Content


Q: How do I evict someone?
A: We suggest contacting your own attorney or Iowa Legal Aid for assistance

Q: How to I get a protective order?
A: Go to the Clerk of Court's Office, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm

Q: How do I get a weapon permit?
A: Go to our Weapon Permit page for further information.

Q: How do I settle a property dispute with someone I live with?
A: Generally property disputes with those who you live or recently lived with are civil issues, and you should speak with an attorney.

Q: How to I get a copy of an accident report?
A: Call our office, Monday-Friday between 8am-4:30pm at 712-364-3146

Q: How do I get a copy of a police report?
A: Contact the Deputy Sheriff who handled the call.  If you are not sure who the deputy was, please call us.

Q: How do I find out if I have a warrant? 
A: View our warrant list.  If your warrant is from another state or county it will not appear on the list.

Q: How do I commend an Ida County Sheriff's Office employee?
A: Click HERE to email the Sheriff.